CANTINE LENOTTI “LE OLLE” BARDOLINO SUPERIORE CLASSICO DOCG 2014
  • 53076

CANTINE LENOTTI “LE OLLE” BARDOLINO SUPERIORE CLASSICO DOCG 2014

Plush bing cherries, raspberries, floral and baking spice on the nose lead to a fresh yet intense palate that hint of savory herbs and earth, blackberries and underbrush with earthy terracotta tannins and a fleshy finish.

SKU: 53076 Categories: , Tags: , ,
000
  • Region:  Veneto
  • Vineyard:  La Pra
  • Varietals: Corvina (65%), Rondinella (25%), Cabernet Sauvignon (10%)
  • Soil:  Clay mixed with stony glacial deposits
  • Yield: 7 tons/Ha
  • Alcohol:  14.0%

Production Notes: Immediately after harvest at the end of September, 30% of the of the grapes are dried for a period of 40-50 days and lightly pressed in November, while the remaining 70% is lightly pressed and undergoes fermentation in controlled temperature tanks.  After a daily delestage, the two separated lots are combined and aged partially in oak buttes and partially in thermo-conditioned steel tanks.                                                 

Tasting Notes: Plush bing cherries, raspberries, floral and baking spice on the nose lead to a fresh yet intense palate that hint of savory herbs and earth, blackberries and underbrush with earthy terracotta tannins and a fleshy finish.

Pairings: Ripened cheeses, rustic pasta dishes and roasts.

About Bardolino Superiore Classico: One of the 5 DOC’s in Italy that can be elevated to DOCG status when they achieve a Superiore level, the wine has traditionally been a blend based on Corvina and Rondinella, and rounded out with 20% Molinara.  In recent years, more of the international varietals and non-DOCG approved varietals like Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Barbera and Sangiovese have been introduced to the blend to beef up the wine, which is permitted up to 20%.  Traditional techniques also call for a partial drying and ripasso of the grapes, similar to the Amarone production process.

About Lenotti: Situated on the banks of picturesque Lake Garda in the heart of the Bardolino region, the Lenotti name was first associated with the production of Bardolino Classico in 1906.  The family was a key supplier of quality fruit to producers in the area from the 1900’s until the mid-1960’s. Gradually increasing production and quality over the years, in 1968 they began the exclusive production of estate wines, and have worked diligently since then to establish themselves in the global marketplace.  Known now for their crisp, aromatic whites from the Bardolino region as well as Amarone Classico della Valpolicella, in 2016 they celebrate 110 years producing wine in the Bardolino region, and pride themselves on their dedication to family, tradition and nature.

 

Reviews(0)

There are no reviews yet.

Add a Review

Be the first to review “CANTINE LENOTTI “LE OLLE” BARDOLINO SUPERIORE CLASSICO DOCG 2014”